Friday, January 29, 2010

NOT NOT MY PROBLEM

In America we have an epidemic of everyone blaming everyone else for their problems. Fast food restaurants are serving too much and too fatty food, causing obesity… Government is responsible for all our problems, and quite honestly should solve my social problems, my health problems, my financial problems, etc… or we blame are mom, dad, kids, spouse-their fault for why I am what I am. You get where I am going.

I think we do that in our spiritual life….I am not growing because there are too many hypocrites in church…the church is too materialistic…the church is so shallow. Why aren’t we reaching people for Christ, obviously the pastor’s sermons are too boring. The ministers aren’t reaching out to the lost. Why don’t they reach out to the poor? Start a ministry to youth, children, etc?

At some point we (you, me) as individuals have to take responsibility. Nothing is going to change or get done if everyone is blaming everyone else for their problems or for what is not getting done. That is why I admire guys like Daniel who when he prayed in Daniel ch. 9 (read it please) he took responsibility for the sin in the land, he took responsibility for repenting when the reality was it wasn’t him committing all those transgressions. He owned it though.

Over this last month we have been doing a series called “God’s mission…MY mission.” It is time to own what is important to God…worship (loving God), evangelism (loving people), discipleship (being one and making one), and this week MISSIONS. The mission is far too important to pass off to someone else and the rewards and fruit are too amazing to not care about it. Everyone has a world they can impact for Christ….do it.

No comments: